Higher Rank Types
· at Wrocław TypeScript Meetup ·Length: 5 min
- Code snippets
- What are higher rank types — semi formal definition (Rank 1 Types, Rank 2 Types)
- Possible use cases
- How it’s not so easily done in Haskell
- How it’s easily done in TypeScript
- Why you can’t do it in Haskell (strong type inference)
- Why you can in TypeScript (week type inference)
- More like a fun fact
- Most of you probably haven’t heard about it, but the same time most of you is using them on a daily basis
- Haskell vs TS
2. Why am I talking about Higher Rank Types?
3. What is it?
4. Higher ranks
6. Haskell limitations